Sunday, September 2, 2012

How to Pray the Chaplet for St Christopher



St Christopher Chaplet at Laude Arts and Gifts



Because the name Christopher means “Christ Bearer”, Saint Christopher is the patron saint of travelers, motorists, hazards of traveling, automobiles, truck drivers, and bus drivers to name a few.   St Christopher is so popular that many people claim his patronage.

There are two different prayers for St. Christopher.  The first is the “Traveler’s Prayer”


Oh, St. Christopher, patron of travelers, protect me and all those who accompany me from mishap and accident. Guide me in my travels whether by land, sea, or air to my destination with safety. As you carried Jesus upon your shoulders may I also carry the burdens of life that I face with the same determination and inspiration. And may the beauty of this world that God has created with the joy of His Grace always be with me. Amen



The second prayer is the “Motorist’s Prayer”.



Grant me, O Lord, a steady hand and watchful eye that no one shall be hurt as I pass by.  You gave life, I pray no act of mine may take away or mar that gift of Thine.  Shelter those, dear Lord, who bear my company, from the evils of fire and calamity.  Teach me, to use my car for others need.   Please keep me from the love of undo speed.  Do not let me miss the beauty of the world as I pass thru; that thus I may with joy and courtesy go on my way.  St. Christopher, holy patron of travelers, protect me and lead me safely to my destiny.   Amen.



When you have finished with one of the above prayers, pray three Our Fathers, three Hail Marys and three Glory Be’s.

Please take a minute to view the St Christopher chaplets in my shop, Laude Arts and Gifts.  Please click here to learn about the life and legend of St Christopher.

2 comments: