Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam!

We have a new Pope!   I never in my life would have dreamed that the cardinals would elect a new Pope so quickly.   I am so excited!

I was lucky enough to be home and to have the TV on when the news broke.  I was able to watch the crowds and participate in the suspense (which was killing me at the time) before the new Pope was announced.

Briefly, our new Pope is the first Jesuit to be elected Pope, he is the first Pope to take the name Francis and is the first Pope from Argentina and probably the first Pope from South America.  Hopefully, he will be able to bring many new "firsts" to our Church.  I was very impressed with his humility and demeanor and his request for prayers.   I have a good feeling about the cardinals choice for the new Bishop of Rome.

Please take a minute to make a comment on your thoughts about our new Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment